Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Ok...so it hasn't been as long since I blogged this time. I'm proud of myself:)


So I added this lady's blog to my list this morning. She has 16 kids and has incredible blogs. She was so encouraging...made me feel as though I shouldn't ever complain about being overwhelmed with my 6 kids. She had some amazing tips on laundry, grocery shopping....just how to keep up with everyday living with a large family.

So I am going to try implementing some of her tips and see how that goes.
So...back at the Noles' Ranch...


Elissa and Elijah went to the Dr. for their 2 year old check-up. They both weigh 23 1/2 lbs and are the same height also. They are in about the 4th percentile for height and weight. Keith and I talked about what we could do to "fatten" them up. I'm not so convinced that we should. Powdered Donuts...I think a few of these should fatten them right up!I think that eating habits are formed young just as are other habits. So why for the sake of "fattening" should we start to feed them fatty foods or oversized portions. Maybe...just maybe, they are fine. Who makes these percentile charts anywho?? I do care about their health, but I am going to try to find a way to feed them more, but keep it healthy and within limits.
It was very fun to show up at the pediatrician's office with Elijah's eye looking like this. He was sitting on the ottoman, and as he leaned over, he accidentally hit his eye on the one unpadded part of the couch. Talent! It immediately turned purple!
Elissa also has a bruise under her eye from bonking it on a countertop while someone was holding her. Good thing my pediatrician knows me fairly well...otherwise, DEFACS may have shown up at my door!


Well, Thanksgiving day we went to my Dad's house. I got to meet Caleb's new girlfriend, Renee. She was very sweet, and Elissa befriended her and then wouldn't let her go! My new Momma Judy invited her brother from Boise, Idaho, to join us, too. He was very funny! Josh and Angie and his boys, Reed and Roman, also attended. The dinner was very yummy...there was sooooo much food!
Supossedly, Caleb is helping transfer the turkey from the roasting pan to a serving platter...I don't know...that's not exactly what it looks like from this angle?!


Elijah was fine when we left the house, but shortly thereafter, he became very fussy and only wanted to be held. He didn't really eat much...then he started running a fever. By the time I took his temperature with a thermometer, it registered at 102 degrees. Poor baby! So he was held...and he slept the evening away! Note the drool pool on Keith's shoulder! AwEsOmE!!


The kids watched Wall-E. I really wanted to watch it all, but both times it was started over, I only got through the first 30 minutes before something would call me away! So...I still haven't seen it all the way through. Don't tell me how it ends:)


On Friday, we headed to Bowdon, GA to visit with Keith's side of the family. We started at Keith's parents house where we ate turkey sandwiches. Then we went to Grandmother Noles'. Funny story: She kept telling us she had an infection in her head! Keith finally asked her what exactly the Dr. said was wrong with her...she said he said she had a sinus infection. That made more sense! After spending some time with her, we left and went to Grandmother Buck's house. By the time we had been there 20 minutes, the babies were so exhausted they were crying about everything. So we packed up and left. Let's just say...that was an EXTREMELY long day!!


After that experience, Keith and I began to talk about how it was going to have to be different come Christmas Eve. I don't want them being cranky on Christmas Day...on home video:) So we will see!

No comments: