Sunday, August 15, 2010

Feeling the need to journal my amazing life!

So again...here I sit, needing to journal my life so that one day I can remember all the crazy things that I survived!

Keith and I just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary! I definitely love him more today, and in my opinion I love him better, than I did 10 years ago. And for that, I am grateful to God for constantly pushing me to grow, and to Keith for sticking with me through the ugly moments. We went to dinner at the Sun Dial Restaurant, where he proposed to me 10 years ago on April 21st. We worked together on an "accessory" to my engagement ring, and he gave it to me just like he gave me my other ring. So sweet and memorable. We are leaving next week to go on a cruise to continue the celebration. In fact, this time next week we will be eating dinner on a ship! Ashley and Chris O'dell will be traveling with us...I can't begin to describe how excited I am to spend time with them again. She is pregnant with her 5th child! Congrats to another crazy lady!

I am OFFICIALLY starting school tomorrow. I've written out everyone's schedule and posted it. Hopefully all will go well, but if not, I wrote the schedule in erasable marker :) Olivia will be doing 4th / 5th grade work this year. She loves to learn...just not to write. We will be working on that this year, too. Jude will be doing 2nd / 3rd grade work. Math comes very easily to both of them (their Dad's kids). Sophia is going to be doing 1st grade work. Keith and I feel she needs to be pushed a little more than we have been pushing her. When pushed it's amazing what she can do! Elijah and Elissa love to color and be read to. They are also loving "schoolwork", so I'm going to give them as much as they will do!

Well, to catch everyone up...
Austin is now attending Shepherd's Hill Farm. It is a theraputic boarding school. God led us to SHF in April of this year after much prayer and Godly counsel. He is progressing well there. We have seen improvements in his maturity and some of his biggest struggles. God is so faithful, and we are continuing to trust Him everyday for each of our kids.

We worked really hard this year (beginning in January) on a garden. We grew watermelons, cantaloupes, tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers, eggplant, and some herbs. We grew everything organically, and quickly realized why most things aren't organic. Bugs kill! We have now prematurely lost our watermelons, cantaloupes, cucumbers, and tomatoes due to bugs. Very frustrating, but the life lessons we have learned will stick with us. If people would stop comparing us to monkeys and start learning principles of life from plants instead, I think the result would be astounding!

I'm going to try to exercise 4 times this week...we'll see how that goes. Hopefully my shoulder will be completely better soon...as in tomorrow, would be nice. I feel old. To wake up from a great night's sleep and feel like someone dislocated my shoulder...makes me feel old.

We started a lifegroup a month or so ago and today we had 13 kids and 10 adults!! We laughed, ate, and just had fun hanging out. Westgaters are amazing! Westgate is gearing up for our "At the Movies" series. I pray that many people are reached for the Kingdom!

Well, I'm going to start waking up earlier to start school and keep to the schedule...7:20 am! Due to this change, I'm going to start going to bed earlier, too!

So.....goodnite :)

No comments: